I finally made it! It took me several months to complete this project. With months in between the various stages: buying the lamp-foot, buying the lampshade-base, crocheting everything and sewing the roses together… I know now what I don’t like it – sewing! 🙂 If not for this step, It would’ve been long done. However, I really like the roses, so I guess you will be seeing more of them here 😉
Anyway, now this lamp is proudly standing on my dresser and it is one of the first things I see when I wake up. Quite a good start of the day 😉
Here is one more picture to see the lampshade in more detail.
To make this lamp I used Schachenmayr’s Catania cotton yarn in two colors (one for the base and half of the roses, and one for the other half of roses), a wire lampshade base and a lamp foot and a 3 mm hook. The base of the lamp is made of single crochet stitches. The roses are made of chain, single crochet and double crochet stitches, sewn together to get the shape. There are many patterns online. I chose one that best suited the yarn.